Fourteen Bob Jones University graphic design students were presented awards February 23 by the American Advertising Federation (AAF) Greenville chapter at the annual AAF Gala.
The American Advertising Awards Competition is a three-tiered national competition conducted annually by the American Advertising Federation. The competition is the advertising industry’s largest and most representative competition for both professional and student creative excellence.
BJU students receiving AAF awards include:
- Brian Biggs—(Greenville, South Carolina) Silver Award, Special Events Promotion
- Brooke Crowder—(Moore, South Carolina) Silver Awards for Cover Design and Poster Design
- Brigitta Daswani—(Tai Wai, Hong Kong) Gold Award, Integrated Brand Identity Campaign
- Lydia Dersch— (Simpsonville, South Carolina) Silver Award, Package Design
- Lily Kain—(Greenville, South Carolina) Silver Award, Illustration
- Abigail Marasigan—(Greer, South Carolina) Gold Award, App (Mobile or Web-based) and Silver Awards for Magazine Advertising and Integrated Brand Identity Campaign
- Katie Morman—(Greenville, South Carolina) Silver Award, Magazine Advertising
- Peyton Pedder—(Raleigh, North Carolina) Silver Award, Logo Design
- Crimson Radin—(Hartsville, South Carolina) Silver Award, Publication Design
- Lauren Skrade—(Taylors, South Carolina) Silver Awards for Package Design and Editorial Design
- Jared Smith—(Elbert, Colorado) Silver Award, Integrated Brand Identity Campaign
- Marcus Tiplea—(Sanmartin, Romania) two Silver Awards for Logo Design
- Briseydi Velasco—(Sandwich, Illinois) Silver Award, Package Design
- Grace Wong—(Hayward, California) Silver Award, Package Design
“It is exciting and rewarding to see our current students and graduates recognized for their excellence in design and advertising,” said Jay Bopp, associate professor and chair of BJU’s Division of Art and Design. “We count it a privilege to work with such talented and dedicated students, and their success in school and beyond provide confirmation that we’re on the right track.”
In addition, BJU graduates won a total of eight gold and silver awards in the professional division. The prestigious Bill Leslie Memorial Scholarship, established in honor of the founder of Leslie Advertising and a longtime Greenville advertising industry leader, was awarded to BJU graduate student Brian Biggs.