The Bob Jones University Bruins Athletics department announced several key changes in gameday protocols for the 2020 fall seasons.
The program is entering their first provisional year as members of NCAA Division III and will compete in a shortened season this fall. Fall teams include men’s and women’s soccer, golf, cross country and women’s volleyball.
“We are still firmly committed to playing this fall season and doing so in a way that will be safe for our student-athletes and staff,” Bruins Director of Athletics Dr. Neal Ring said. “I am thankful for the work of our COVID task force on campus and the recommendations from our medical personnel to help provide guidance on the proper procedures we should take to compete this fall.”
To best accommodate recommendations from the BJU COVID task force, the following changes will be made effective immediately. These protocols will be reviewed regularly as we seek to expand fan opportunities in the weeks ahead.
- BJU students and faculty/staff will be asked to show their green screen clearance at the gate before being admitted to the game.
- Immediate family members of current Bruins student-athletes will have opportunity to attend games after passing through a screening process. These guests will be required to pass a health questionnaire and temperature check (less than 100.4) prior to entry. A special entrance and seating area will be made available to family members.
- No other fans will be admitted at this time.
- Fans will be encouraged to social distance in seating both at the Davis Field House and Alumni Stadium.
- If a fan leaves the facility, they will need to be screened again at the entry point to be admitted back into the game.
- Concessions will only serve pre-packaged items with workers wearing masks and gloves to serve guests.
- Event staff will be sanitizing high traffic surfaces frequently.
- Bruins webcasts will still feature each home game for our soccer and volleyball teams this fall and will continue to be free access to watch.
The COVID watch team will continue to monitor cases across the country, including areas and surrounding regions where opponents are coming from. Up to date information regarding changes in protocols or scheduling will be available at bjubruins.com and on the Bruins social media channels.