In February, BJU’s School of Health Professions sees hearts, but not for Valentine’s Day. February is American Heart Month.
The month-long initiative raises awareness of heart disease and stroke. Joining the cause, the School of Health Professions will host several events to shine a light on different methods of prevention.
Open Lab Workshops
- Students are invited to stop by the Human Performance lab and receive free fitness assessments.
- Feb. 4 and 18, 1–7 p.m.
- DFH 124
- An oatmeal bar encourages students and faculty to include soluble fiber in their daily diet.
- Tuesday, Feb. 5, breakfast hours
- Dixon-McKenzie Dining Common
Drop-In Taste Test
- Those who drop by will receive tasty food and tasteful information about how and why to include more plant-based foods in their diet for heart health.
- Tuesday, Feb. 19, starting at 11:35 a.m.
- Nutrition Lab, Howell Memorial Science Building
Disc Golf and Handball Tournaments
- Exercise Science students will hold two different tournaments to encourage both student body and staff to be active.
- Disc golf: Monday, Feb. 11, from 4–6 p.m. on back campus
- Handball: Monday, Feb. 25 from 6–8 p.m. (location to be determined)
Help raise awareness and don’t forget to check the BJU School of Health Professions Facebook page for heart health tips every day in February.